Thursday, September 15, 2011

Cambodian Map


Today, I have been looking over maps of Cambodia, reading more history of the country and looking at photos of the people and special places. I thought I'd share this part of the journey as well. I am not quite certain of all the places to which we will travel, but I do know we will be in Poipet. It strikes me, as I look at the map; right there are all the countries the USA got to meddling in back when I was much younger. 

The towns on the map were just names on the nightly news back then. It is amazing to me that I will actually be going to the places and people represented by those names. I'll be coming with God's love in my heart and art in my suitcase. The team will be bringing this love which we all share. We are bringing creating tools for art, sewing, mentoring and welding. We bring hope by coming alongside others to repair, build anew and even dream for the very special people we meet in Cambodia. How different from the nightly news long ago.

Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything without weakening. 
—1 Corinthians 13:7


No comments:

Post a Comment