Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Ready, Set...


Our team is in the preparation stage of our outreaches in Cambodia. We will be coming alongside many who are tirelessly working to care for children and women who have been rescued from the sex traffic industry. The friends above are reading about the history of Cambodia, the role of NGOs in Cambodia's recent history, and what works and doesn't work in Cambodia, especially for short-term outreach care.

My hope is for us to pass along ideas to leaders, and to paint a mural with others there(me). I also hope we share stories from the Bible and help others make art in response to those stories. I'll be sharing my own story through my story rope with women who are in aftercare programs. This is the call on my life, and I am excited to be a part of this very special team, and for us to share our giftings.

If you'd like to help by going with me as a financial sender, you can donate to the non-profit that cares for me. Here is where you can send a tax deducible donation, and your place of employment can send matching funds:http://www.colinkonline.org/donate/. Be sure to put #802/Marcia in the message area.
Thank you for joining me as a financial sender!

A Story Rope in India - Telling Our Stories and Releasing Trauma

1 comment: